First of all I would like to wish everyone Happy New Year! I haven’t posted liked I hope I would when I started this blog back up but I got very busy and then I got sick. Life just got in the way. It’s a new year now and time to fire this site on a more regular basis. Now back to the point I wanted to make on this post…..
Andrew Scheer was chosen leader of the Conservative Party of Canada last spring. He doesn’t seem to catching on with the voters like he should be if he really wants to be the next PM in 2019. He barely won the leadership by a razor thin margin with just a few votes over “Mad Max,” Maxime Bernier. We have more than 1 year until the next federal election and much work to do if we want to make sure Justin Trudeau does not get a second term, he’s been a total disaster.
We can’t just allow Trudeau to get even a minority government because the NDP will prop the Liberals up. More disaster for Canada. Andrew Scheer and the Conservatives MUST win a majority. Here are a few of my suggestions.
1. Don’t try and curry favor with the media. We all know the main stream media hates conservatives. They will always hate conservatives. Be civil but call them out when need be. Use the media to your advantage.
2. He must not be afraid to come out with some bold conservative ideas. Maybe get Maxime Bernier to help, he had some good ideas that were different and bold. Andrew needs to remember that he won the leadership by just a razor’s edge.
3. Put Canada first. I think most Canadians are sick and tired of the current government putting Canada and Canadians last catering and giving our money away to almost everyone else but their own country just to obtain a seat on the UN security council.
4. Don’t go Liberal lite. That will only alienate supporters. Why go for liberal lite when you can have the real deal with the Liberal Party Offer the voters a real alternative.
5.This goes for all Conservatives, get a back bone and fight back when being attacked. The media and opponents always like to set a false narratives meant to destroy us that Andrew and his team need to get ahead of and stop when anything negative comes out. In the past Conservatives have always been cowardly and allowed those lies fester until it’s almost too late to counter especially in this day and age of the 24hr. news cycle and 15 second sound bites. By time the fake news is countered, the public has already formed an opinion. Sometimes it’s ok to take the gloves off.
6. Listen to regular people not the elites. We the regular people are the most affected by government policy. We are the ones who pay the bills through our earned money that is taken from us through various forms of taxation.
7. Get some fire in the belly, some passion! I sense he’s lacking in that department somewhat. I’m not denying he doesn’t love this country and is not patriotic. I’m sure he is but he needs to show it more.
8. Communications. One thing the Conservative Party has always been terrible at. They’re not good at getting their message out. I have to admit the left has done a good job in that area. They appeal to the emotions. Voters like to be heard on a personal level. Show you care. Speak the voter’s language, that’s how you connect.
9. Be humble. Don’t put yourself on a pedestal. We have enough of that arrogance and narcissism right now and we are sick of it!
Scheer’s CPC cannot just take for granted because of Trudeau and his government’s incompetency and ethical issues that keep cropping up that alone is going hand him the keys to the Prime Minister’s office. He has an uphill battle. He has to fight and counter not only the Liberals but the media and other groups that will be out in full force with lies and innuendo. It will take a lot of hard work not just from the leader but for the entire team including us, the grass root supporters. We need to let Andrew and the party brass know what our concerns are but we need to show our support as well and we have to start now if we want a chance of ridding the country of the Trudeau regime and the damage he’s doing to this great country.